Part 2 - State Representative Asked To Investigate Voter Fraud

Idaho State Government and State Politics
DRAFT - Last update on February 19, 2017

"There has been no significant voter error or fraud in Idaho." - Brent Hill, President Pro Tempore of the Idaho State Senate on February 17, 2017

Two sides to every fraud claims


As I moved forward with my with my quest to get my state officials to either investigate or disavow President Trump's on-going claim of massive voter fraud, I wanted to document the actions our elected representatives and state employees are taking on the issue.

The response I received from one state representative will send me in a new direction. So come back in the later parts of February 2017 to see where this mess is going. Search for the keyword "fraud."

The Background
In Part 1 (here is the link) of my "State Representative Asked To Investigate Voter Fraud" post, I wrote about why I am challenging my state representatives to start an investigation into President Trump's massive voter fraud allegation.

As citizens of the U.S. we should be concerned whether the process we use to elect individuals who will be making critical decisions for us isn't compromised. Pretty basic, yet extremely important stuff ... yes? And the leader of this country is insisting that process has been compromised. Shouldn't our elected officials, at all levels of government, investigate that serious claim?

Here are the responses I have received from my request of an investigation ...

#1. On February 13, 2017 at 8:20 A.M. Representative Christy Zito responded with this short response:
"I am going to the Secretary of State to find out"

#2. On February 17, 2017, Senator Brent Hill responded to my inquiry with the following:

Dear Mr. Bondy,
Thank you for your email expressing your concerns over possible voter fraud in Idaho. I have met with Idaho’s Secretary of State, Lawrence Denney, who has indicated that his office has indeed investigated and reviewed the last General Election and has determined that there has been no significant voter error or fraud in Idaho. Obviously, we cannot vouch for practices or problems in other states, but Idaho runs a very clean ship.

I hope that helps to alleviate some of the concerns with which you are dealing.

Thank you for your interest in this important issue.

Brent Hill

Home: 
1010 South 2nd East
Rexburg, ID 83440
208-356-7495
Capitol: P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID  83720-0081
208-332-1300


My Preliminary Conclusion: Of the seven state representatives I contacted about the possible "massive voter fraud" issue, only two of those elected officials took the time to respond to me. Because of the weak responses I received over this concern, I have to conclude the following:
  • Our state representatives in Idaho believe almost any other issue is more important to them than President Trump's claim that massive voter fraud occurred during the 2016 general election. 
  • Or it's possible our state representative don't have the intestinal fortitude to notify our federal officials that they believe President Trump is wrong about massive voter fraud, at least in Idaho. A statistically impossibility if massive voter fraud did occur as the president claims. 
  • There is voter fraud happening in Idaho and at least one elected official (Senator Brent Hill from Rexburg, Idaho) finds it insignificant and possibly acceptable. The other six representative are apathetic to voter fraud, based on their response, actions or lack of response.
  • Instead, some Idaho officials are downright "whizzingly" scared over the miniscule probability that our federal government is trying to “nationalize our state elections” and/or influence the Idaho's election process.
Seriously ... the Idaho Secretary of State is concerned about an incident involving a U.S. government owned computer that pinged an Idaho election website... a website that contains no sensitive voter information. This pinging, they seem to believe, could turn into a brutal and rapid U.S. gubment take-over? Yet, these same official aren't concerned when the CIA and FBI insist that the Russian government influenced the 2016 election. http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article132848459.html

Representative Ambivalence


Where Next? To the Idaho Secretary of State: I certainly cannot allow voter fraud ambivalence to creep into our present or future elections. Because of my strong feelings about voter fraud, I will be asking for information regarding the investigation our Secretary of State's office conducted recently and likely try to obtain documentation on the voter fraud Senator Brent Hill indicates they uncovered. From the linked article above, there is likely only three case of verifiable voter fraud in the last election. But I'm willing to ask the tough questions of my government that even my elected officials won't.

The information in this post is current only up to the originally published date on Sunday, February 19, 2017. However some editing may be accomplished in the future to improve the readability of the post.

Originally published on Feb. 19, 2017.


Thanks,


Tim Bondy
Freelance Writer & Citizen Journalist

I am currently a proud "enemy of the American People!"

Bondy's Most Recent Musing

Local Political Forum Was About What Was Left Out

The October 17, 2017, Political Forum in Mountain Home, Idaho was interesting. Here's my opinion on that event. The 2017 Mountain Ho...

My Most Popular Stories