What Do We Get in Your Version of Compromise, District 23 Candidates?
Note: This post was moved to the BondyBlogs.Com website. Click over to see the full and revised article at http://www.bondyblogs.com/they-say-compromise-a-must-on-idahos-public-lands/Tim Bondy
Freelance Writer
Mountain Home, Idaho, US
Thank you for this excellent article, Tim. The West is dead and all adventure is gone without our public lands.
ReplyDeleteHey Tim! I"m with you ALL THE WAY. I curate a digital paper titled "Public Land Was Made for You and Me" I saw your article showed up as the FEATURED article this week. I subscribe to the free version of Paper.li but I've trained it enough that it picks up the articles I want. I'm not slanting every article toward OUR VIEWS. I want both sides so people can decide for themselves. Please know, I am still registered Republican, but I do not condone the EXTREMISM that seems to have mesmerized the party in Idaho. That EXTREMISM may apply to "We don't want Big Government in our Backyard mentalities" but in my opinion, the BIG DOGS are no different that the LITTLE DOGS of Idaho. Is big federal government going to be any different than little Idaho government? NOT! Its a sham to think that Idaho will protect our public lands. NEPA protocols will go by the wayside.
ReplyDeleteIn particular, Idaho County has battled arrogance of the Idaho Congressional Delegation OVER AND OVER AND OVER regarding the Lochsa Land Exchange, but yet, they continue to act as though they have no idea what the people want, and its never ever transparent what their intentions are. The people of Idaho by and large oppose disposal of public land to the state and we definitely do not want Western Pacific Timber (Andy Hawes: legal counsel - and the likes of Timothy Blixseth) to own any part of our beautiful public lands including Earthquake Basin, Blacktail View, Fish Creek or any other NezPerce Clearwater National Forest.
Thank you so much for the excellent article above. You are on my radar!
PS: thank you for listing politicians who are PRO disposal of Federal Lands to the State. None of them will get my vote. Thats how important public lands are to me.
ReplyDelete