Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Protection For 2 Millions Acres of Public Land Gone

The Secretary of the Department of the Interior helped President Trump slash protection on 2 million acres of public lands during a recent ceremony in Salt Lake City. These posers didn't even step foot on the two national monuments they just shrunk in size. Cowards ... all of them. 





On December 4, 2017, we the people, lost much of the protections on 2 million acres of public lands in Utah. Some will celebrate and other will be disappointed. Me? I'm annoyed more than you can imagine.

From the Patagonia website

But I'm getting old and these lands won't mean as much to me before too long. My hiking and biking distances will surely get to the point I'll be able to do both in a large parking lot. When that happens I'll just trespass at the local Walmart or convenience store.

It's the younger generations that will suffer if this trend of relaxing the "monument" protections of prime outdoor recreation lands for the extractive industries like mining, oil, and gas plus increased ranching activity on our lands.


These are the Trump supporters who would rather see our public lands "shared heavily" with the extractive industry - Idaho Congressional Delegation.

I urge this younger generation to insist your mostly old and gray representatives who rarely if ever, step foot on a hiking trail or bike a single track should keep their fucking hands off our land and not let it fall into the hands of corporations.

You are the crowd that will suffer, so stand up and tell them what you think. Be loud, be proud and be relentless. These politicians will have to deal with your huge numbers in the future but are free to do as they please right now. While I'm not sure they even care about their own constituents, they obviously care about the future of their failing political party. Without your young voice, the Republican raping and pillaging of our public lands will surely continue. Dec. 4, 2017, was the opening salvo. 

Trump Supporters Repent

Look, I have neighbors who sing the praise of our new knuckleheaded president. These same neighbors who hate it when a dog leaves a steaming pile on their lawn or even tinkles in their grass, don't seem to mind when regulations preventing mining companies from dumping mine waste into our local streams and rivers are rescinded. Stupid, mindless Fox News loving imbeciles?

The Republican Theory: Pee on the grass =  Bad -///- Toxic mine waste = Great


Obama's Protections Revisited


On December 28, 2017, this is what President Obama said about the creation of the Bear Ears National Monument. (Emphasis mine)

Today, I am designating two new national monuments in the desert landscapes of southeastern Utah and southern Nevada to protect some of our country’s most important cultural treasures, including abundant rock art, archeological sites, and lands considered sacred by Native American tribes. Today’s actions will help protect this cultural legacy and will ensure that future generations are able to enjoy and appreciate these scenic and historic landscapes. Importantly, today I have also established a Bears Ears Commission to ensure that tribal expertise and traditional knowledge help inform the management of the Bears Ears National Monument and help us to best care for its remarkable national treasures.

Following years of public input and various proposals to protect both of these areas, including legislation and a proposal from tribal governments in and around Utah, these monuments will protect places that a wide range of stakeholders all agree are worthy of protection. We also have worked to ensure that tribes and local communities can continue to access and benefit from these lands for generations to come.

Trump's Fake Protection Proclamation 

“My main concern with monuments to make sure public access is protected, and that hunting and fishing rights are intact. Bears Ears is 1.5 million acres. Is that size the smallest area necessary? What does the local community think?” - Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke



My Promise Stands

If like-minded individuals, including a significant number of the 18-40 year old crowd will fight the Trump Administration and his supporters like the entire Idaho Congressional Delegation over our public lands, I will publicly stand with you. But I won't stand alone.


This story was originally published on December 6, 2017.

Thanks,





Tim Bondy
Freelance Writer & Citizen Journalist

I am currently a proud citizen journalist, aka, "enemy of the American People!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Social Media Good?

 What? What 2