A Little About A June 1, 2018, Hike In Southwestern Idaho, USA.
I wanted to go for a mountain bike ride but the weather forecast was for gusty northwesterly winds and cool temperatures. That forecast led me to a hike that I will classify as a Favorite.This 5.5-mile hike includes only 1.8 miles on an established trail. The rest of the hike is cross-country through a mixture of wide-open and/or bramble choked ridgeline. The bramble is just coming back after a 2013 wildfire that burned through the area.
As with most of my hikes in the past two years, the main draw is the scenic beauty and this adventure has an abundance of that. It's also close to home and if I wish, I can swim in the nearby lake or fish if the spirit moves me in those two directions.
![]() |
| There are two creek crossings on this hike. |
![]() |
| View from the lower parts of the hike |
![]() |
| Wildflowers were blooming mad. |
![]() |
| Arrowroot Balsam |
![]() |
| A lone "Indian Paintbrush?" |
![]() |
| Unknown flower name |
![]() |
| Wildfire probably killed this tree. |
![]() |
| That's a treetop that broke off ... a real deadfall |
![]() |
| The scenery is why I hike |
This was a strenuous day hike for me but there are many different options if you'd like to experience some adventure in southwestern Idaho.
Elmore County Outdoor Concierge Services
If you are looking for a place to ride, hike, rockhound or fish in southwestern Idaho, I will plan that trip for you. Read more about this simple and easy service at https://timbondy.blogspot.com/p/elmore-county-outdoor-concierge-services.html
Last updated on June 4, 2018.
Thanks,
~ signed ~
Tim Bondy
Freelance Writer & Citizen Journalist
I am currently a proud citizen journalist, aka "enemy of the American People!"










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.