Friday, June 8, 2018

Ride From Reservoir And Up Lester Creek

Originally Posted: June 8, 2018

This June 7, 2018, southwestern Idaho, USA, mountain bike ride started at the Evans Creek Campground and I turned around just short of my goal of the Lester Creek Road Summit. "Lester Creek Summit" is a name I appended to the location so locals and foreigners alike will not know where this place is located 💁

While not one of the most scenic rides I've completed, I did discover a new trail I can explore in the future and rode through a small portion lands of I'd never been before. And to me, #mtb, mountain biking is all about the scenery, exploring strange new lands and getting in shape. I stopped 7/10 of a mile (1,200 meters) from my goal because I was exhausted and starting to dehydrate. But 15 minutes of rest and water and I was good-to-go for the homeward leg ... which was mostly downhill 👍

FYI: This 22.2 mile (36 km) bike ride was done 100% on dirt roads or fire roads, depending on the vernacular you use.

Almost back to my truck but the water views stopped me. 
FSR 641 doesn't open until July 1, 2018


Decisions to make? I went left.

I rarely take off my helmet but the heat and exertion got to me at the turnaround point

This was my view from the turnaround point

The dirt road seems to go on and on and on!

Pre-ride shadow selfie 


Elmore County Outdoor Concierge Services

If you are looking for a place to ride, hike, rockhound or fish in southwestern Idaho, I will plan that trip for you.



Read more about this simple and easy service at https://timbondy.blogspot.com/p/elmore-county-outdoor-concierge-services.html

Last updated on June 8, 2018.

Thanks,

 ~ signed ~

Tim Bondy
Freelance Writer & Citizen Journalist

I am currently a proud citizen journalist, aka "enemy of the American People!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Social Media Good?

 What? What 2