Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Teapot Dome Hike on October 19, 2017

A local hike in the southwestern Idaho's Bennett Mountain Hills in October 2017 is discussed in this post.
This was the path I took down the mountain. The summit is not visible in the photograph.

Summary of a local hike: This hike was more of a “get out and get some exercise” type of hike than an adventure. It can be done in short order so it’s a good “after work” or “just don’t want to sit around” activity for visitors to Mountain Home and Elmore County, Idaho.

This “canary in a mine” hike documents my physical fitness improvement in the last few years. In 2012, I could barely summit this local peak. I found this hike to still be a little strenuous but the biggest challenge was making sure I didn’t twist my ankle on the rocky ground.

The Hike Details
Date Of Hike: October 19, 2017
Name of Hike: Teapot Dome Canary in the Mine
Link To Photographs: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yjb6UywmTQgAK8nL2
Total Hike Mileage: 2.56 miles
Vertical Feet: +1,098 feet / -1,098 feet
Average Slope: +15.9% / -15.9%
Elevation Ranges: 3,741 feet / 4,717 feet
Hike Time From Trailhead To Summit: 1 hour 30 minutes
Facilities At Trailhead: None
Land Ownership: 100% BLM public lands
Road Mileage from Boise, Idaho to Trailhead: 54 miles

If venturing to this area, please understand the small town of Mountain Home, Idaho is a city in decline. Your best options are to avoid the place completely and stock up on food, supplies, and gas elsewhere. #MountainHomeIdaho #CityInDecline

If you would like more information about mountain biking, hiking, rockhounding or any type of outdoor adventures along the Owyhee Front, I will be glad to discuss your options.

This story was originally published on October 24, 2017.

Thanks,



Tim Bondy
Freelance Writer & Citizen Journalist

I am currently a proud citizen journalist, aka, "enemy of the American People!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Social Media Good?

 What? What 2